The book covers all the core aspects of child and adolescent mental health, starting with the background to emotional and behavioural problems and looking at models and tools for assessment and treatment before examining specific problems encountered in children, young people, and their families from different cultural backgrounds.
- clear theoretical framework for each topic
- integrated disciplinary approach
- case studies
- information about other resources available to professionals and families, including new government initiatives
New for the second edition
- updated and revised with the latest references and theories
- sections on the influence of genetics on behaviour, working with children with learning difficulties, evidence-based paediatric and psychological developments
- multiple choice questions for revision and testing
- new quick-reference format
This is an essential text for all professionals working with children, young people, and their families, including student and practitioner psychiatrists, clinical psychologists, mental health nurses, and social care specialists.