Astaxanthin microalgae powder Vs Oil Astaxanthin soft gels: There are pros and cons to taking oil vs powder and vice versa so you need to do your research to find what best suits you. Oil you are able to take without food as the oil aids in absorption but at the same time natural microalgae powder has many nutrients in the microalgae powder with the Astaxanthin that when taken with a meal give just as good if not better bio availability than oil. The shelf life of oil products is far greater than powder, but kept out of light and in nominal heat conditions microalgae powder also last years. Our powder is pure microalgae in a vegetable capsule that’s it. Most if not all oils are in gelatine soft gels and many brands use synthetic man made Astaxanthin and have many other added ingredients.
- Time Health Astaxanthin is a natural carotenoid produced from Haematococcus Pluvialis microalgae, because of its unique structure, provides a wide range of antioxidant benefits.
- To give you an idea of the antioxidant power of Astaxanthin, it is over 500 times stronger than vitamin E, and nearly 6,000 times stronger than vitamin C.
- Astaxanthin is able to cross the blood-brain and blood-retina barriers, where its powerful antioxidant actions reduce the effects of free radicals thereby protecting against cell damage and neurological dysfunction. It can deliver potent antioxidant protection directly to the eye, brain, and nervous system. This remarkable antioxidant also functions as a potent anti-inflammatory, and has been shown to act on several different inflammation pathways in the body.
- Astaxanthin bio accumulates in the body and after several weeks stops accumulating and simply maintains the highly beneficial level at which point 4mg will easily maintain that level. Taking more than 4mg would simply be a waste of money and result in no additional health benefits.
- Manufactured in the UK to ISO 9001 quality assurance with only the finest quality raw materials. 100% Vegan Product.